TAOS CERAMICS CENTER
COVID SAFETY POLICIES
From the onset, our facility-wide safety protocols have been carefully considered to address and promote the safety, health, and welfare of our community. This is an evolving document subject to change. We recommend that everyone visit the CDC website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
● With the latest guidance from the CDC and the Town of Taos City Council, fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear masks within the Taos Ceramics Center though they are optional. For anyone not vaccinated, you will be REQUIRED to wear an appropriate mask or similar covering until further notice.
● If any Member or student (or anyone in their household) is suspected of having COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not enter our facility but notify the TCC immediately. Your privacy will be respected; however, we will take necessary action to communicate any potential spread of the virus, including closing for a short time in order to clean and disinfect the building.
● Self-health screenings are recommended before entry: check to see if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms prior to building entry. If you do have symptoms, we recommend you get a COVID test before coming to the TCC.
● Unvaccinated individuals (including children) are required to always bring their own mask.
● All staff, instructors, Members, and students are requested to wash their hands immediately after entering the building. There are two bathrooms and three other sinks in the Studio and Glazing areas where hands can be washed.
● Open Studio hours will be restricted to only 8 people at a time. Some Open Studio slots are open to students as well as Members and some slots are designated as Members Only. All must sign up in advance for specific time slots via SignUpGenius.com. Members are limited to two Open Studio slots per week and students just one.
● No children or additional guests are allowed in the TCC Studio without prior approval by the TCC manager.
● The TCC Glaze Room is limited to two people at a time and the adjacent Glaze area is also limited to just two. Please be respectful of your time spent in these areas. You may sign up for Glaze room time on the whiteboard by the stainless steel sink.
● Please observe social distancing whenever possible.
● Any member or student preferring to work outside on hand building projects may do so in the Kiln Yard area. Portable tables and canvas work-boards are available for this purpose. We only ask that you clean up when you are finished and understand that from time to time a delivery truck will require access and are therefore given priority.
● While we do offer community tools, Members and students are encouraged to bring their own supplies (and specifically sponges) and limit the sharing of equipment. Basic tools are available for sale in the TCC Annex.
● Antibacterial hand cleaner and paper towels are provided in the Studio. Also, please thoroughly clean your work area at the end of your class, open studio time, or Member slot.
● No food will be allowed in the studios at this time. You must exit the building to the Kiln Yard to eat lunch or dinner. Beverages may be put in the kitchen refrigerator but please dispose of your bottle or can in the proper recycling bin when finished.
● TCC staff will be limited in the studio to limit the overall number of people in the building at any given time.
● TCC teachers will assist with daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas within the Studio and bathrooms.
● TCC will continue to monitor state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and adjust our operations as necessary.
● We ask that everyone respect the guidelines above. Stay healthy. Stay safe. And please stay home when sick.