TAOS CERAMICS CENTER
COVID SAFETY POLICIES
Our facility-wide safety protocols have been carefully considered to address and promote the safety, health, and welfare of our community. This is an evolving document subject to change. We recommend that everyone visit the CDC website at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
● Self-health screenings are required before entry: check to see if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms prior to building entry. A thermal thermometer is available at the entrance to monitor your body temperature. If you do have symptoms, wait to enter premises until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
● All staff, instructors, Members, and students are required to wear masks that cover nose and mouth at all times. You are required to always bring your own mask. If you aren’t wearing a mask or refuse to do so, you will be asked to leave.
● All those on the premises, inside and out, are asked to observe social distancing of at least 6 feet between you and others at all times.
● All staff, instructors, Members, and students must wash their hands immediately after entering the building. There are two bathrooms and three other sinks in the Studio and Glazing areas where hands can be washed. Only one person is allowed at a time per sink.
● The “classroom” and main Studio area will be set up to maintain 6’ of social distancing while students or Members are in the Studio. All must work at designated stations/wheels. During class times, members are not permitted in the Studio.
● Open Studio hours will be available to only 6 people at a time. Some Open Studio slots are open to students as well as Members and some slots are designated as Members Only. All must sign up in advance for specific time slots via SignUpGenius.com. Members are limited to two Open Studio slots per week and students just one.
● No children or additional guests are allowed in the TCC Studio. The number of visitors in the TCC Gallery and TCC Annex is limited to 6.
● Artists in private rentals must confine themselves to their space while classes are in session. Use of the bathroom is permitted.
● The TCC Glaze Room is limited to one person at a time and the adjacent Glaze area is also limited to just one. Please be respectful of your time spent in these areas. You may sign up for Glaze room time on the whiteboard by the stainless steel sink.
● Studio tables are marked with specific work areas to space Members and students accordingly. Members, students and/or teachers should not move wheels, tables/chairs or add chairs to the studio.
● All but staff must exit the Studio between classes, Member slots, and Open Studio sessions to allow for cleaning.
● Anyone having recently traveled outside of the state, or are visiting from another state, are asked to observe New Mexico’s 10-day mandatory self-quarantine before entering the facility.
● Any member or student preferring to work outside on hand building projects may do so in the Kiln Yard area. Portable tables and canvas work-boards are available for this purpose. We only ask that you clean up when you are finished and understand that from time to time a delivery truck will require access and are therefore given priority.
● While we do offer community tools, Members and students are encouraged to bring their own supplies (and specifically sponges) and limit the sharing of equipment. Basic tools are available for sale in the TCC Annex. If students have their own tools, please transport them in a large baggie with your name on it. Shared student equipment will be sprayed down with a disinfectant after each class.
● Antibacterial hand cleaner and paper towels re provided in the Studio. Also, please thoroughly clean your work area at the end of your class, open studio time, or Member slot.
● Payments made by credit or debit card are preferred at this time to limit the exchange of cash. You can also choose to keep your card on file by asking TCC staff to update/create a payment profile for your account in the TCC Square account.
● No food will be allowed in the studios at this time. You must exit the building to the Kiln Yard to eat lunch or dinner. Beverages may be put in the kitchen refrigerator but please dispose of your bottle or can in the proper recycling bin when finished.
● TCC staff will be limited in the studio to limit the overall number of people in the building at any given time.
● TCC teachers will assist with daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas within the Studio and bathrooms.
● Signs will be posted regarding how to stop the spread of COVID-19, properly wash hands, promote everyday protective measures, and remind all to wear a face covering.
● If Members or students (or anyone in their household) is suspected of having COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not enter our facility but notify the TCC immediately. Your privacy will be respected; however, we will take necessary action to communicate any potential spread of the virus, including closing for a short time in order to clean and disinfect the building.
● TCC will continue to monitor state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and adjust our operations as necessary.
● We ask that everyone respect the guidelines above. Stay healthy. Stay safe. And please stay home when sick.