TAOS CERAMICS CENTER
COVID SAFETY POLICIES
From the onset, our facility-wide safety protocols have been carefully considered to address and promote the safety, health, and welfare of our community. This is an evolving document subject to change.
● All Staff, Instructors, Members, FlexPass Members, and Students of the TCC are now required to be fully vaccinated (this includes booster) and must show proof of vaccination when signing up or beginning employment.
● Masks are no longer mandatory but are at anyone's option to wear. If conditions should change, TCC reserves the right to require mask wearing even if mid-session in classes, workshops, membership or open studio time.
● If any Member or student (or anyone in their household) is suspected of having COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not enter our facility but notify the TCC immediately. Your privacy will be respected; however, we will take necessary action to communicate any potential spread of the virus, including closing for a short time in order to clean and disinfect the building.
● Self-health screenings are recommended before entry: check to see if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms prior to building entry. If you do have symptoms, we recommend you get a COVID test before coming to the TCC. A thermometer is available at the TCC studio entrance.
● All staff, instructors, Members, and students are requested to wash their hands after entering the building. There are two bathrooms and three other sinks in the Studio and Glazing areas where hands can be washed.
● No children or additional guests are allowed in the TCC Studio without prior approval by the TCC manager.
● Any member or student preferring to work outside on hand building projects may do so in the Kiln Yard area (weather permitting). Portable tables and canvas work-boards are available for this purpose. We only ask that you clean up when you are finished and understand that from time to time a delivery truck will require access and are therefore given priority.
● While we do offer community tools, Members and students are encouraged to bring their own supplies (and specifically sponges) and limit the sharing of equipment. Basic tools are available for sale in the TCC Annex.
● Antibacterial hand cleaner and paper towels are provided in the Studio. Also, please thoroughly clean your work area at the end of your class, open studio time, or Member slot.
● TCC will continue to monitor state and local health department notices daily about transmission in the area and adjust our operations as necessary.
● We ask that everyone respect the guidelines above. Stay healthy. Stay safe. And please stay home when sick.